Monday, December 9, 2013

Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson

I saw this book and it intrigued me so I picked it up.  I have't read any of Melanie Dickerson's previous books.  The book had a Cinderella feel to it, but with a little bit of a fairy tale twist.  At times it reminded me of Ever After, the movie with Drew Barrymore and one of my favorites.  Since I hadn't read any of her previous books, I felt like a I missed out a little bit on some of the characters who had been introduced in those stories as the author didn't explain much about them.  Even though this book is marked as teen fiction, I still enjoyed it especially since Cinderella has always been one of my favorite fairy tales.


A little tidbit I found interesting from her site is that she graduated from the University of Alabama and lives near Huntsville.  That's near where a lot of my family lives and even though most of them are Alabama fans, I"m still an Auburn fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment