Thursday, August 1, 2013

What Once was Lost by Kim Vogel Sawyer

Since I work at a bookstore, I sometimes get to read books before they are released.  I saw this book and thought I would give it a try.  I had never read anything Kim Vogel Sawyer had written before but I enjoyed it.  I know I have blogged about one of her books, but I waited to post this blog closer to the release date in September.

The story is about Christina who runs a poor farm.  Her parents ran it until they died and now she runs it.  Then one night there is a fire and all of the residents are put out.  Christina finds a home for all of them except for Tommy, who is blind.  She finally encourages the mill owner, Levi, to take Tommy until she can find another home for him.  There is conflict and changing of hearts in this story.  Everyone is not as they appear and sometimes the characters have to learn to trust God and each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment