Wednesday, July 10, 2013

When Love Blooms by Robin Lee Hatcher

I have been doing tons of reading but not a lot of blogging.  Some books I'm waiting to post on closer to the release date.  Here is an older book that I read recently.

The glimpse of the story on the back of the book doesn't really give you any idea of what the story is about.  In fact, it confused me a little even after reading the book.  I enjoyed the story.  The main character, Emily, did what I expected her to most of the time.  There were a couple of things I had trouble figuring out in the beginning but as I read I figured them out.  I can't expect everything to be explained to me in the beginning.

This story is about Emily Harris who leaves Washington DC and heads back to Idaho to help her sister's family on their ranch.  While there, she realizes that she wants to do something else.  She runs across an ad for a governess and goes and interviews with Mrs. Blake.  Mrs. Blake is ill and wants someone to teach her daughters for a year even after she dies.  She wants them to have a woman's influence and also to be able to keep up with their schooling.  Mr. Blake is against this but goes along with it for his wife.  That's basically the beginning.  I won't reveal anymore but there are definitely other characters and twists involved.  Nothing surprising but I enjoy reading a book that ends the way I would like it to.

Robin Lee Hatcher's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment