Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Icecutter's Daughter by Tracie Peterson

I read this book awhile ago but decided to reread it so I could blog about it since I just read the second in the series.  The story is about Merrill Krause who is the only woman in family.  Her mother has passed away and so she is left with her father and brothers.  She isn't interested so much in feminine pursuits but is practical.  Any man that has ever been interested in her is scared off by her brothers.  Rurik Jorgenson leaves behind is family to help his uncle in his carpentry business.  He is engaged to be married but calls it off before he leaves because he does not love her.  Rurik ends up helping the Krause family with their icecutting.  Rurik and Merrill are strongly attracted to each other.  However, before anything can come of this, Rurik's former fiancee, Svea, and her brother, Nils, Rurik's best friend show up.  Svea claims that they are still engaged.  There is a lot of tension between the characters.  The story definitely involves the characters showing faith and trust in each other and learning to forgive.  I enjoyed reading this story.  On a note related to the second book, I thought maybe it would be about Merrill's brothers but it wasn't.  I was kind of disappointed because I wanted to see how they would work out.  Still, I enjoyed both books so far in this series and can't wait until the third one is released in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment