Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Most Peculiar Circumstance by Jen Turano

I know I said I would post about Josiah's Treasure next but I was in my car and I had just purchased this book so I started to read it while I was waiting.  This book brings in characters from her previous book, A Change of Fortune. I have never read that book, but I didn't feel as if I was missing anything from it.  The story follows Arabella Beckett who is a champion for women's rights.  She finds herself in a predicament and is rescued by Theodore Wilder who was sent to find her.  These two are constantly butting heads throughout the whole book.  I enjoyed the story and found it fun to see what Arabella would do next.  The ending kind of took me by surprise because I thought the conflict had been resolved but then another twist was introduced.  Now I find myself wanting to read Turano's first book as well.  She has also written a short novella entitled A Gentleman of Her Dreams.  I didn't realize I had this book on my kindle until I picked up A Most Peculiar Circumstance.  The novella can be read by itself, but I would suggest reading it between the two books since I'm assuming it ties into the ending of the first book.  I would definitely read this one again and am looking forward to purchasing A Change of Fortune soon.  G

Jen Turano's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment