Friday, May 24, 2013

Talon by Ronie Kendig

I read the first book in this series, Trinity, a while ago.  I feel like I should have reread it so I could remember what was happening in order to follow the characters in this story more closely.  This story follows  Aspen Courtland and her quest to find her missing twin brother who is presumed to be killed in action.  She has adopted his tracking dog, Talon, and is working with him to get over his PTSD.  She encounters Dane Markoski, also known as Cardinal, who knew her brother.  He sets her up to contact him without her knowing that he has.  The story flashes back every once in awhile to scenes from his past.  From the beginning, you know that all is not as it appears to be with Dane.  There are also some scenes between a few other characters and you don't realize the importance of them until the end of the book.  There are definitely some twists that you don't see coming.  If you haven't read Trinity, I would recommend you start there and then read Talon.  If you want some interesting information from Ronie Kendig on war dogs, go to the site here.  This is from the christian fiction scavanger hunt I participated in last week.  Sadly, I didn't win, but it was still fun.  G

Ronie Kendig's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment