Sunday, May 19, 2013

Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer

I stumbled upon Karen Witemeyer a few years ago.  I really like her books and I find her comparable to Deeanne Gist and Cathy Marie Hake.  This book starts with Crockett Archer headed to interview for a position at a church.  If you have read her previous book, Short Straw Bride, you will recognize him as one of the four Archer brothers.  While on the train headed to his interview, he is kidnapped by a group of outlaws.  These outlaws don't want money.  The leader takes him to his daughter, Joanna Robbins, who wants a preacher for her birthday.  When Joanna finds out  he is there against his will, she lets him go but asks him to consider becoming their pastor.  There were a few twists along the way that I didn't see coming. I enjoyed this book and definitely will be keeping it on the shelf for reading again.  G

Karen Witemeyer's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment