Sunday, May 19, 2013

Gone South by Meg Moseley

I started this book when I came home yesterday from the beach, but was so tired I started to fall asleep.  I put it down took a nap and then when I woke up, stayed up until midnight finishing it.  I don't believe I've read anything by Meg Moseley before so I wasn't sure what to expect.  However, I really enjoyed this book.  It's about Tish McComb who ends up buying her ancestor's Civil War era home.  She ends up taking in Melanie Hamilton, the town prodigal.  They both are shunned by pretty much the whole town except for George Zorbas and his uncle.  The book follows Meg and her search to find out about her ancestors and Melanie and her search to figure out her life.  The book has some twists and some resolutions but leaves some things open at the end.  The author could definitely carry on in another book with some of the other characters that were introduced.  Overall, I enjoyed the book and would read it again.  G

Meg Moseley

No comments:

Post a Comment