Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Hopeful Heart by Kim Vogel Sawyer

I started this book this afternoon and then the power went out when I was almost finished.  I had to search and find a flashlight.  Once I did, I managed to finish the book with my flashlight in hand.  I really enjoyed this  story.  There was one twist at the end that I didn't see coming until it was almost on me.  However, some of them were a little more predictable.  I didn't really mind as I like the story to end how I want it to end and this one did.  The story follows Tressa Neill as she goes out west to the Wyatt Herdsman School run by Hattie Wyatt.  Hattie founds the school for young women to learn ranching skills in order to find a husband.  Enter Ablel Samms who is not searching for a wife.  He does all he can to avoid the young women at Hattie's school .  This is hard for him since his ranch borders Hattie's.  {SPOILER ALERT]  Don't read this next section if you don't want to be spoiled if you haven't read the book.  I thought that maybe Tressa's aunt and uncle who had forced her to go out west would eventually show up with some kind inheritance especially after Abel's house is burned.  However, this never happened.  In fact, the aunt and uncle never were really a big part of the story at all.  [END SPOILER]  I really enjoyed this book.  I'm sure I will read it again.  G

Kim Vogel Sawyer's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment