Monday, June 10, 2013

Shattered by Dani Pettrey

This is the first book I've read by Dani Pettrey.  I really enjoyed the story.  Although it's the second in the series, I didn't feel like I was missing the main points of the story but not starting with the first book.  If I had started with the first book, I probably would have understood more about Piper and Landon and their past.  However, the story is focused on solving the murder of Karli that Piper's brother, Reef, is accused of committing.  Piper and Landon end up investigating the murder on their own.  You see how their relationship is affected by the investigation.  Although the story is mainly about these two characters, you also get glimpses of Gage and Darcy, who the third book in the series is centered on.  You also get to glimpses into the killer's mind even though you don't know who he is.  I definitely wasn't expecting the ending of who was behind the killing, which made it a great story.  I'm definitely looking forward to picking up the first book in the series and the third when it is released.

Dani Pettrey's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment