Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sisters of Mercy Flats by Lori Copeland

While looking over the reviews on Goodreads, I came to realize that the author wrote this book back in 1992.  Since that time, she started writing Christian fiction and so did a rewrite of the novel and re-released it.  I've always loved Lori Copeland's books and I enjoyed this one as well.  I'm not sure if this is the first in a series or not since the cover didn't say.  I could easily see where it could be though.  Some of the reviews I read stated that God was kind of an after thought and not central to the story.  I could see that in some regards, but knowing that the author probably had to rewrite to remove scenes and add scenes that might be why it seems that way.  I enjoyed the book.  It didn't really leave me guessing as to what would happen, but I would definitely read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment