Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lowcountry based books

I love living in the lowcountry.  The live oak trees are gorgeous and the houses are beautiful.  Then you have the water and the sunsets.  Well, it doesn't get much prettier.  Anyways, I love to read about books that are set in places I'm familiar with.  Beth Webb Hart is one of those writers.  I have not personally read any of her books, but I had a friend who recently read one.  When she was telling her daughter about the book, her daughter wanted to actually go see the house the characters lived in.  She actually lives here in the lowcountry.  MaryLu Tyndall is another author who has written some books with a setting in Charleston.  I have read her CharlesTowne Belles series and enjoyed it immensely.  They are three historical books so it helps put into perspective the history during that time frame.  Deeanne Gist wrote Beguiled with J. Mark Bertrand.  This book takes place in modern day Charleston so it was a fun read for me.  I often walk some of the streets mentioned in the story.  Another book set in present day is Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones.  Rachel Hauck has also written several books set in the lowcountry.  I have several on my to read list.  Denise Hildreth Jones wrote several books set in Savannah.  I enjoyed that whole series by her.  If you like reading books with a southern setting, I suggest you check out these authors.  Most of these authors books have been out for awhile but if you haven't read them, I would definitely recommend them!

No comments:

Post a Comment